Reliable Full Suite System and PCB Failure Analysis
Modeled on the principles of efficiency and cost savings, SAGE Analytical Laboratories can provide your organization with the shortest possible cycle times. Our laboratory is populated with cutting edge equipment designed for PCB Failure Analysis which is aimed at fast, accurate result for even large boards and systems. Each specific toolset is aimed at gathering a concise story of different structures and fails, such as delamination, contact non-wets, poorly printed traces and through-holes, mechanical damage, loose solder, foreign material, and many other common system and board issues.Using our decades of experience in analysis and thorough inspection with each PCB failure analysis technique, we are able to identify subtle failures to help you gain insight into what portion of the process may be causing issues. Whether it is a customer return, new design process, quality of manufacturing inspection, or qualification steps, we are able to provide a clear picture of the state of each design and fail mode.
From electrical verification down through a precision cross-section, we can take a failure and analyze it quickly from start to finish. In certain cases, it may be found that the root cause does not originate from the PCB, but from a component that has failed. With full inspection of the suspected failing portions, we make sure to cover your needs and provide the best coverage of failures.
Examples of techniques that may be used for PCB Failure Analysis are:
- High-resolution, large area stitching external optical captures of samples as received
- Sub-micron 2D or 3D micro-tomography reconstruction x-ray
- Scanning Acoustic Microscope (C-SAM)
- Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR)
- Electrical probing and failure verification
- Precision cross section of fail location
- Parallel level-by-level lapping of PCBs
- Ultra-high resolution optical imaging of large areas
- SEM/FIB images of joints, board levels traces, through-holes, or any anomalies
This complete information is then compiled into a comprehensive report aimed at providing a clear understanding of the observed failure mode. Our goal is to help your organization understand the defect mechanism, and gain insight on how to avoid it in the future.