Reliable Full Suite System and PCB Failure Analysis
From electrical verification down through a precision cross-section, we can take a failure and analyze it quickly from start to finish. In certain cases, it may be found that the root cause does not originate from the PCB, but from a component that has failed. With full inspection of the suspected failing portions, we make sure to cover your needs and provide the best coverage of failures.
Examples of techniques that may be used for PCB Failure Analysis are:
- High-resolution, large area stitching external optical captures of samples as received
- Sub-micron 2D or 3D micro-tomography reconstruction x-ray
- Scanning Acoustic Microscope (C-SAM)
- Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR)
- Electrical probing and failure verification
- Precision cross section of fail location
- Parallel level-by-level lapping of PCBs
- Ultra-high resolution optical imaging of large areas
- SEM/FIB images of joints, board levels traces, through-holes, or any anomalies
This complete information is then compiled into a comprehensive report aimed at providing a clear understanding of the observed failure mode. Or goal is to help your organization understand the defect mechanism, and gain insight on how to avoid it in the future.